A Spoiled Princess Reclaims her Birthright as the Harvest Goddess in Action Platformer and Rice-Farming Simulation Hybrid
London, United Kingdom – 20th November 2020 – Following on from the highly successful launch in Japan, Marvelous Europe Limited are today excited to confirm that action/simulation game Sakuna: Of Rice and Ruin is now available physically and digitally for the Nintendo Switch and PlayStation 4 within Europe and Australia.
The momentum around Sakuna: Of Rice and Ruin continues outside of Japan having received positive reviews from critics, as commented by Marc Melton, General Manager of Marvelous Europe.
“We’re thrilled to see the reaction for Sakuna: of Rice and Ruin in Japan last week. We always knew this was a special title from a passionate and talented indie team and are excited to now bring their huge success to Europe and Australia today. We can’t wait to share the game’s unique combination of beautiful art, unique side-scrolling combat and rice farming to the gaming community in the West, we’re already seeing some incredible review scores from major sites across the continent!”
Sakuna: Of Rice and Ruin delivers the unforgettable story of Princess Sakuna, a harvest goddess banished to an untamed island with a group of humans, has been brought to life by developer Edelweiss. Acclaimed for their work on the shoot ‘em up Astebreed, Sakuna: Of Rice and Ruin presents a return to the combat-focused platforming roots of their earlier title Fairy Bloom Freesia, featuring refined action gameplay mixed with unique rice-farming simulation.
Sakuna: Of Rice and Ruin is available as a physical Collector’s Edition, known as Golden Harvest, for the Nintendo Switch and PlayStation 4, and as a Digital Deluxe Edition on the PlayStation Store for the PlayStation 4.
A standard physical edition of Sakuna: Of Rice and Ruin for Nintendo Switch and PlayStation 4 are also available at selected retailers, and digitally from the Nintendo eShop and PlayStation Store, within Europe and Australia with an SRP of £34.99 / €39.99 / $59.95 AUD.
The Golden Harvest Edition of Sakuna: Of Rice and Ruin is available to order from selected retailers across Europe and on the Marvelous Games Store for £49.99 / €59.99.
Golden Harvest Edition Contents:
▪ Sakuna: Of Rice and Ruin Game
▪ 132-page Artbook
▪ 3 Disc Soundtrack CD Collection
▪ Double Sided Poster
▪ Collector’s Box
The Digital Deluxe Edition is exclusive to the PlayStation Store for the PlayStation 4 and is priced at £44.99 / €49,99 / $69.95 AUD.
Digital Deluxe Edition Contents:
▪ Sakuna: Of Rice and Ruin PlayStation 4 Game
▪ Digital Soundtrack App with 42 tracks
▪ 4 Exclusive PlayStation 4 Themes
▪ PSN Avatar Set with 9 Avatars
About Sakuna: Of Rice and Ruin:
Developed by Edelweiss, the team behind acclaimed indie darling Astebreed, Sakuna: Of Rice and Ruin combines side-scrolling action with deep crafting and rice cultivation. Players take on the role of Sakuna, a spoiled harvest goddess banished to a dangerous island with a group of outcast humans. As she explores the beautiful yet forbidding environments of the island, she will also find a home in a mountain village, proving herself worthy of her title by harvesting rice and bettering the lives of humanity.
▪ Refined Side-scrolling Platform Action: Using farm tools as weapons, chain together quick, heavy, and special attacks to take down demonic beasts, while mastering the magical “divine raiment” will be essential to grapple distant platforms, evade danger, and overcome powerful enemies.
▪ Detailed 3D Simulation-style Gameplay: Learn the ancient art of agriculture by following detailed steps from planting to harvesting to cultivate the perfect crop. As a harvest goddess, Sakuna’s strength grows with each successful rice crop, with attributes such as aesthetic and flavour directly correlating to her combat abilities.
▪ Creating a Home in the Wilderness: Sakuna’s mortal companions make weapons, armour, and meals for her using the materials and ingredients she gathers on her adventures, and completing quests for them will unlock even more options.
▪ A Fresh Take on Japanese Mythology: The heroine is part of a pantheon of gods and demons inspired by traditional Japanese mythology but featuring many unique twists. The story and world are filled with lovingly rendered details, some familiar and some completely original.
Developed by Edelweiss and to be published by Marvelous Europe Limited for the Nintendo Switch and PlayStation 4 in Europe and Australia, Sakuna: Of Rice and Ruin will launch physically and digitally on 20th November 2020. Sakuna: Of Rice and Ruin was also released digitally for Windows PC on STEAM via XSEED Games / Marvelous USA, Inc. on the 10th November 2020. This title has been rated PEGI 16, USK 12, ACB PG.