RocketBrush Studio offer players a chance to try out their dark fantasy RPG ahead of its launch into Steam Early Access in 2022.
Tuesday, 26th October 2021 – Team17 and RocketBrush Studio have today released a demo for dark fantasy action RPG The Unliving. Launching into Steam Early Access in 2022, The Unliving boasts a mixture of rogue-lite and real-time strategy gameplay, and places players in the shoes of a powerful necromancer laying siege to humanities domains and reanimating fallen foes to join the fight as an unrelenting undead army.
The Unliving demo will be live on Steam from 4pm BST (8am PDT, 12pm EDT, 5pm CEST), and will grant players a sneak peek at one of the levels, a boss challenge involving escorting an engorged undead ally towards an objective, and 40 abilities and undead upgrades to try out including blood wave, which hurls a wave of bones at enemies, damaging them while also pushing them back, and blood tide, which turns spilled blood into chimeras that crawl to enemy forces and explode.
Wage war on the living, show them death:
The Unliving Key Features:
- Turn enemies into obedient undead minions: Reincarnate fallen foes into loyal soldiers that obey every command
- Sacrifice the undead: The Necromancer can sacrifice members of his undead legions to release powerful spells that can change the course of the battle
- Enjoy hand-drawn levels: The world of The Unliving is procedurally generated from a selection of meticulously crafted and highly detailed pixel art
- Death is only the beginning: Through each permadeath players will be resurrected, keeping their progression and unlocks, each attempt better equipping the Necromancer to take on the challenges that lurk in the shadows
- Overcome gruelling bosses: Powerful creatures prowl the wilderness, waiting for their chance to take down the Necromancer, each boasts its own fighting style and abilities, requiring strategic gameplay to overcome
- Unlock the secrets of necromancy: Cryptic notes, coerced information, and ancient artifacts will be instrumental in piecing together the truth behind the necromancer’s immortality, and the unnatural abilities he wields.
The Unliving is currently available to Wishlist now on Steam ahead of its Early Access launch in 2022. To keep up to date with all the information on The Unliving please follow us on Twitter and Reddit, and join our Discord community.