Sign up for the Steam Playtest now
Hamburg, Germany – November 15th, 2021– Developer Cogwheel Software and publisher Daedalic Entertainment are holding a closed beta for the upcoming sci-fi thriller Hidden Deep scheduled to release in the near future. In the beta, players will explore four levels in a vast sub oceanic research and mining facility inhabited by alien creatures. Hidden Deep brings a 2D game world full of action, mystery and danger. The closed beta will start on November 15th and will run for several weeks in preparation for the Early Access early next year.
In Hidden Deep, you lead a team of four researchers to a mysterious facility 1,6 km below the ocean floor in order to find out what has happened to the station’s crew who have seemingly disappeared. You must command your team members and find out what happened to your colleagues in a dark sci-fi story inspired by 80s and 90s classics like Alien, The Thing and the first Half-Life game. Explore the depths using a variety of gadgets, shoot, blast or sneak your way through dangerous traps and alien lairs and try not to get eaten by the facility’s inhabitants (including your own crew members!).
- A mission-based single player experience where you control your team directly or by giving orders.
- Story mode with handcrafted levels paying homage to 80s and 90s sci-fi classics.
- Challenge single player and co-op modes with randomized levels for fast-paced, intense action.
- Exploration of suboceanic caves using grappling-hooks, scanners, drones, heavy machinery and more.
- Sneaky and deadly aliens, environmental traps and other hidden dangers to make your life miserable – and exciting.
Fans can Wishlist Hidden Deep on Steam now.